Thursday, January 27, 2011

New York New York




In my haste to post what we had been up to this holiday season, I almost forgot to share our most recent family trip with you! In mid-December, Marion surprised me with a day trip to New York City as an early Christmas present to go see the Rockettes. I was super excited since that has always been my favorite show. And for as many times as I have been to the Big Apple, I had yet to see it in all of its holiday wonder. So we dressed up the little man, threw the stroller in the car, and headed to the train station. Michael did exceptionally well on the way up and was busy looking out the window the majority of the time.


We got to Penn Station about an hour before the show, and still had about 15+ blocks to walk to get to Radio City. Oh, and did I mention that it was brutally cold?? So we got to power walking, Marion pushing the stroller down the crowded streets and me hauling my huge 8 month pregnant belly along. But hey, I had motivation. It was the Rockettes after all!



Michael actually did great sitting through the show. He referred to them as the 'ladies dancing'. He even spent some of the show standing in front of his chair dancing along. :) He's such a cutie.






After the show, we hit up Mars 2112 for lunch as a special treat for the little man. He was enthralled with all of the aliens walking around, and even got a special hug and balloon from one of the cute girl aliens. What a flirt.



And of course, you just CAN'T go all the way up to NYC at Christmas season and NOT see the infamous sights. So I bundled Michael up, made the boys brave the cold, and we went to see the tree in Rockefeller center and some of the Christmas displays along the streets.





The last stop we made was 'the' Macy's...I have never ever ever seen a store that big! 8 stories, so needless to say we didn't get too far. One thing we did make sure we visited was Santa's mailbox. We helped Michael write a letter to Santa, and he insisted on asking for a blue present and a pink racecar. Of course Marion was loving the pink racecar request. But Michael got to mail his letter, and talked about it for a week afterward!










We finally made it back to Penn Station and onto the train in one piece. Aside from the frigid weather, it was a great outing. Thanks Marion!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment