Thursday, September 10, 2009

Adventures in Pottyland

So a few weeks ago, I bought Michael a potty to have...whenever I had the motivation to begin. I left it in the box during his nap, and when he got up, he would hardly drink his milk because he was so busy pointing at the box. He helped me open it and put it together, and then had all sorts of fun checking it out.




So, after that, I wasn't exactly motivated to put him on the potty everytime I thought he needed to go. Sure I put him on it every now and then, but it was more to just get him used to sitting on it.

My goal was to really start after Labor Day. So today, I put him on the potty after breakfast. He sat pretty well, as long as he was entertained with a book. As I was in the middle of reading, I hear the music coming from the potty. "What the.......?" OH! He actually PEED in the POTTY!!!! I was so excited it left me speechless for a few seconds. However, Michael couldn't have cared less, and after my enthusiastic praising, he just gave me a look that said, "Seriously woman, can we finish the book now?"

THEN, if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, he went back on after lunch, and lo and behold, here comes the music from the potty again! My big boy.....I'm so proud of you!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Uh... I'm not even close to thinking about potty training. Taylor just BARELY mastered it a month and a half ago, and I'm pretty sure the stress of trying to potty-train Erik would put me into labor. That's awesome that you're motivated, though! Hopefully it's a quick process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cool! Nice that you don't have to listen for that little tinkle sound. The pic of Michael on the potty is cute as can be!
    Potty-on! (har har har)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think my boys need to come and take lessons! Seth does the #2, but Noah is totally not interested... actual Noah is really not interested in anything, but balls and books! We miss you guys, congrats on the job! Congrats Micheal for being such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete